School Site Council (SSC)
SCHOOL SITE COUNCIL (SSC) Meeting
Education Code Section 52852 (formerly 52012) specifies that a school improvement plan shall be developed by a school site council (SSC). The law says, “The SSC shall be composed of the principal; representatives of teachers selected by teachers at the school; other school personnel selected by peers at the school; parents of pupils attending the school selected by such parents; and, in secondary schools, pupils selected by pupils attending the school.”
The California Education Code requires the school site councils to:
- Measure effectiveness of improvement strategies at the school.
- Seek input from school advisory committees.
- Reaffirm or revise school goals.
- Revise improvement strategies and expenditures.
- Recommend the approved single plan for student achievement (SPSA) to the governing board.
- Monitor implementation of the SPSA.