English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC)
English learner Advisory Committee (ELAC) Responsibilities
Each California public school, grades kindergarten through 12, with 21 or more English learners must form an English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC).
Composition Requirements for ELAC elections include:
22-23 Suva Elementary ELAC Committee Members
District English Language Advisory Committee
The district shall provide for all ELAC members:
- Appropriate training and materials to assist each member carry out his or her legally required advisory responsibilities.
- Training planned in full consultation with ELAC members.
- Economic Impact Aid-Limited English Proficient and/or district funds may be used to cover costs of training and attendance of ELAC members. This may include costs for child care, translation services, meals, transportation, training cost, and other reasonable expenses.
- California Education Code, sections 35147 (c), 52176 (b), and (c), 62002.5, and 64001 (a)
- California Code of Regulations, Title 5, Section 11308 (b), (c), and (d)
- 20 United States Code Section 6312 (g)(4)
English Language Advisory Committee Meetings at Suva Elementary for the 22-23 School Year
- Meeting #1: Tuesday, September 27, 2022 at 9:00am-10:00am in Room 5
- Meeting #2: Tuesday, November 29, 2022 at 9:00am-10:00am in Room 5
- Meeting #3: Tuesday, January 31, 2023 at 9:00am-10:00am in Room 5
- Meeting #4: Tuesday, April 25, 2023 at 9:00-10:00am in Room 5
English Language Advisory Committee Meeting #1 Agenda
English Language Advisory Committee Meeting #2 Agenda
English Language Advisory Committee Meeting #3 Agenda
ELPAC Testing Schedule/Horario de la prueba de ELPAC