SCHOOL INFORMATION / POLICIES
Grades TK-5 Hours:
8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Minimum Days (1:00 p.m. early dismissal):
Parent Conferences: 10/21/19 through 10/25/19 and 3/30/20 through 4/3/20
Last Day of School 6/11/20
Additional Minimal Days May be Scheduled as Needed
7:30 – Back Gate, Cafeteria Gate, and Front Gate Open for students to enter.
Students should go to breakfast or the playground. Students may play on the swings and slide; however the grass area is off limits. Students should bring their backpacks to the playground and line up at their classroom numbers.
7:50 – Students Line Up on the Playground
7:55 – Bell Rings Indicating - Walk to Classroom with their Teacher
1. Suva Cheer, 2. Suva Pledge, 3. Announcements, 4. Pledge of Allegiance - Only on Fridays
All students are to wear school uniforms on a daily basis, Monday through Thursday. The school uniform colors are navy blue & white. Please adhere to the following guidelines when purchasing uniforms:
- White or Blue Shirts/Polo Shirts: Long or short sleeve shirts may be worn.
- Sweatshirts/Sweaters/Jackets: Navy Blue
- Pants/Shorts/Skirts/Jumpers: Navy Blue
- Shoes: Low or flat heel. No sandals or open toe shoes allowed for safety reasons.
- Tennis Shoes: No roller skating tennis shoes are allowed.
- Earrings: For safety reasons, girls are allowed to wear post earrings only.
Every Friday is School Spirit Day. Students may wear Suva Spirit Wear or college/university shirts.
- Students should not bring toys, games, sports equipment, or electronic devices, etc. to school.
- Please label all clothing with your child’s name.
- Please be sure your child brings all necessary school items in the morning (backpack, homework,
library book, etc.). If items are forgotten and dropped off during the school day, they will be placed in the teacher’s mailbox for pickup at recess or lunch to minimize classroom disruptions.
- Please contact your child’s teacher in advance to request a short class birthday acknowledgement.
- Birthday recognitions will be held at the end of the day and are short (ten minutes) and limited to the
classroom community to maximize instructional time.
- Please drop off treats in the main office and they will be delivered to the classroom. All refreshments must be packaged/ purchased commercially. We will not accept homemade foods.
All parent volunteers must be pre-registered. Those wishing to volunteer must obtain a current TB test and complete a Volunteer Registration Form. For those interested in volunteering 10 or more days per month, fingerprints will be required. The District will facilitate the fingerprinting process.
All volunteers must sign in at the front office and obtain a volunteer badge. A volunteer recognition ceremony is held at the end of the year to thank all of our volunteers.
If your child is under the care of a doctor for any medical conditions, such as asthma, and is prescribed medication that must or possibly may need to be administered during school hours, please see our Health Assistant to complete the appropriate forms and also provide her with a doctor’s note.
After School Program:
The “Institute for Student Success, Inc.” is our after school program provider. For more information, call our Site Director at 626-378-2908.