SCHOOL INFORMATION 2021-2022
Grades TK-5 Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m
Health Office guidelines to ensure the safety of all students, staff, and community
Daily Symptom Check
Students will be required to complete the daily symptom check prior to arrival at
school then show proof at the gate that they are eligible to be at school (green
Please observe all traffic rules including no u turns, double parking, asking
students to cross Suva Street, etc. The safety of every student is our priority.
Please be patient and leave home early since our new safety protocols will be
Only Suva Elementary students and staff will be allowed to enter the campus. We
will have support staff at the gates ready to escort any child needing assistance.
Florence Place gate will not be open in the mornings. All students must enter
through one of the following four gates on Suva Street:
- Gate 1: (Kinder playground): TK and Kindergarten only (siblings may use this gate)
- Gate 2: Grade 1 only
- Gate 3: (Main Office): 2nd and 3rd grade only
- Gate 4 (Cafeteria): 4th and 5th grade only
Parents may not come on campus to pick up students. Student release is as
- Gate 1 (Kindergarten playground): TK and Kindergarten students only
- Gate 2: 1 st grade students
- Gate 3 (Main Office): 2 nd and 3 rd grade students
- Gate 4 (cafeteria): 4 th and 5 th grade students
- Florence Gate: all students may exit.
It is recommended that all students wear navy blue & white school uniforms daily.
Please follow these guidelines when purchasing uniforms:
- White or Blue Shirts/Polo Shirts: Long or short sleeve shirts may be worn,
- Sweatshirts/Sweaters/Jackets: Navy Blue
- Pants/Shorts/Skirts/Jumpers: Navy Blue
- Shoes: Low or flat heel. No sandals or open toe shoes allowed for safety
- Tennis Shoes: No roller skating tennis shoes are allowed.
- Earrings: For safety reasons, girls are allowed to wear post earrings only.
- Students may not bring toys, games, sports equipment, or electronic devices,
etc. to school.
- Label all clothing with your child’s name.
- Make sure your child brings all necessary school items every day.
If your child is under the care of a doctor for any medical conditions, such as asthma, and is prescribed medication that must or possibly may need to be administered during school hours, please see our Health Assistant to complete the appropriate forms and also provide her with a doctor’s note.
After School Program:
The after school provider at SUE is Creative Brain. Please contact Justin Gomez
at [email protected] for more information or see attached flyer.